Saturday 23 July 2011

Maya's Purple Smoothie

As a jogger, I often make a smoothie after a jog to re-hydrate and get some vital nutrients (calcium, potassium etc) in. Berries in particular are extremely rich in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C.

Since my green smoothie seems to be one of the more popular posts on this blog so far, I thought I'd share another colour variation of this smoothie. Enjoy :)

~Maya's Purple Smoothie~

1.5 cups raw baby bok choy, chopped
1 cup cold, sweetened soy milk
1 cup cold water, & a few ice cubes
1 medium banana, peeled & sliced
1/3 cup blueberries
1/3 cup raspberries
1/4 cup blackberries
2 tablespoons chia or flaxseeds
1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)


Mix everything together in a smoothie mixer, and enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. hey maya I was wondering as oppose to soy milk I was wondering if almond milk would be ok as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond milk is an ok substitute here, although it's slightly more water-y than soy milk.

    Rice milk is a major no-no.

    ReplyDelete